Pages

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Veronica

As every day goes by and I get older, I find myself sitting and reminiscing on certain events that have happened in my life. Memories of who I was in the past. The definition of me.

I can't imagine my life without my girls. They have impacted my life in more ways than they know…..


There are five women that have been a part of my life since I can remember. These five ladies have individually impacted my life in so many ways... You have NO idea.  As you continue to get to know me more you will also get to know my girls, my best friends. Each of these girls has an interesting story behind our friendship. I honestly don't know where I would be if it weren't for them. These women are truly magical! Let me introduce you to Veronica, Leyla, Marie, Leena and Mel. Today, you will meet Veronica...
 
 
It’s so fascinating to me how the smallest things can trigger a distant memory. A memory that was almost forgotten, if it weren't for that single moment. For instance, today I was at one of Jack's work functions.  We were at a Mexican Restaurant in Old Town, I left work early to meet him there. The lunch was almost over and there was a happy hour sign that caught my attention immediately. Drinks half price from 3-6. I looked at my watch, 3:15. I immediately said, "Babe can I buy you a drink, its happy hour!?" "Let's go for it" he says.

We looked at the menu and noticed that they had long islands on special. Damn, it's been a minute since I've had a Long Island, I thought to myself. I ordered two, and just like that Veronica came to mind. Aww, I just had a throwback memory.

 

This was my long island, It was super yummy

Veronica and I use to always get Long Island Ice Teas at this little pub back home. It was a cute, bit outdated bar/restaurant it usually consisted of an older crowd and the perfect spot for her and I. We use to always go there to have one of our talk sessions about current drama that was happening in our lives. Mostly stuff that was happening with the current yet questionable men that we were dating at the time. It was the perfect spot to go and talk without any interruptions, no one to bother you when you’re in deep talk. Not to mention the best part about this pub are the long islands, the best in town if you ask me.

When I think back to all the memories I have with this girl, I can't help but smile to myself. She and I have come a long way. V has seen it all when it comes to me. We have been in each other's lives for the majority of our lives together. She even introduced me to my husband and I ironically introduced Junior (her husband) to her. Although, that seriously was not my intention. It literally just happened that way. Go figure! LoL


The life experiences that we have been through together is insane! I can honestly say that I don't know where I'd be if she were not in my life. How could I? She literally introduced me to the love of my life. I honestly love this girl! Not only is she my friend but I consider her my sister.
One thing I will say about Veronica is that there is never a dull moment when it comes to her life, and I'm sure as you get to know her more you will see why. As a matter of fact when I talk about all the girls in my life you might find it more interesting than not. Who knows, either way they all come with a different story and were there for me at a different time in my life. I truly appreciate every one of them. I love my Amiga’s!
Trust me! You’re going to love them as much as I do!

Seriously Yours,
Lola
"How it All Began"

No comments:

Post a Comment