Pages

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Bebah

I had such a great time this weekend! A good friend of mine flew in and was going to be in San Diego for a day. We made plans to go out and celebrate her boyfriend’s birthday. It was a good time and I had a blast with my Bebah.

I met Beeb’s in Jersey about six years ago; I hired her to work for me when she was only 17 years old. This cute, loud, cocky teenager, I still remember her now. We got real close working together. She turned out to me my top seller, which was awesome for me. She looked at me like an older sister and we ended becoming really close when we worked together. Even after my move to California from Jersey Bebah and I remained friends and have grown closer and built a great relationship thus far. Who would have known? We laugh about it till this day.

When I lived in Jersey Jack was deployed in Iraq for about a year. So I had more time to focus on work and school. My friends started to become like family and when I think back to that time in my life I can’t help but to appreciate those people for who they are.  That will always be an important chapter in my life that I will hold dear to my heart. Having Bebah here this weekend, I was able to get a bit of a Jersey fix in California. Even though I will always miss Jersey and keep it close to my heart, I must say California is growing on me.

Bebah still lives in Jersey but comes out to Cali to visit her boyfriend as much as she can. I tell her all the time she needs to just move here already! She actually met her boyfriend stationed in Afghanistan.  Can you believe this girl was actually in a combat zone? She’s one tough chick! She worked as a translator for the Military and he was a Marine. I’m so proud of her she did amazing. Awww she no longer is that 17-year-old little smart ass that used to work for me. LoL She has turned into a grown woman.

We really had a good time this weekend. I really enjoyed hanging out with my Bebah. I’m so glad we have been able to maintain friends and get as close as we have. It’s so funny how life works. Who would have known six years ago she and I would be partying in California together?

I was super excited to hang out and see her. I had a really great time with her and her friends. We ended up going to a place in downtown San Diego, which had a line down the block. The night was pretty epic; we had bottle service and a VIP section. We stayed on a balcony over looking everyone as they danced and partied. It was actually a pretty cool place.

But as I looked down from the balcony watching everyone party and have a awesome night all I could think about was being at home with my boys. Wow how the times have changed.  Not too mention the place was not my scene, I felt like such an old person, even though I didn’t look it. LoL (oh NO when did this happen!!!) I don’t know about you but as I get older and time passes I feel like my style of life changes. Trust and believe I had my days and fair shares of partying like a rock star. I had a fake ID at 18, oh the memories!!! Oh the stories I can tell you!! I will save that for another day… But as I get older, its so crazy how some things are just not for me anymore. I guess people actually grow up even if they don’t want to. I like to think of myself like a bottle of good wine, I get better as I age I just taste different. Needless to say I do feel myself acting my age and becoming more mature. When did this happen?!?!

All in all it was a pretty fun night with my Bebah and definitely a night to remember. I’m so glad I was able to enjoy my night with a good friend. This was for you, I love you Bebah.

Sincerely Yours,
Lola







No comments:

Post a Comment