Pages

Sunday, July 20, 2014

Part Two "The Love of My Life"

If you missed Part One click here

If you know my husband you would know that his personality and character may come off as serious. I think he comes off a bit mysterious if you ask me. So when we were hanging out that night at the promotion party, it was really difficult for me to read him. Back then most of the guys I would meet showed interest in me right away. But Jack was different he was so smooth and chill, I wasn't use to that reaction from a guy. I had expected for him to be all over me, so I could brush him off like I did to the other ones. But that wasn't the case with him and that wasn't working for me. I was the one that was supposed to play hard to get not the other way around!

That night our conversation was flirtatious but in a casual grown and sexy way. It was like something I would have seen in a movie, sounds cheesy but so true! This drove me insane and it made me want him even more! I knew I had to do something to see if he was into me but, I didn't want to be obvious about it either. I had to know if this guy was interested in me! Don't get me wrong I didn't want a relationship, considering my past mess but I did want to go on dates. And I wanted to put him on my list, my dating list. Hey, a girl needs to have options! Besides when you’re single, working full time and going to the University, that little bit a free time you have is priceless. So why not date?

Okay, back to the story… As our conversation starts to dwindle down, a group of our friends call out to us “Shot Time?!” I take another shot of So Co and Lime with everyone and immediately grab Veronica and take her to the bathroom with me. "I don't think he likes me!" I say as I close the door behind us. "Yes he does, go back and talk to him!" she says. What more was there to say to him besides the fact that you’re hot and we should hang out sometime? But who does that? Not me! That’s the guys’ job. What was I supposed to do now? Then just like that I had an idea….. I thought to myself, if I go outside and he looks for me then he had to be into me?!?

This day is implanted in my memory. When people ask how we met, this is the story I tell them....

After I left the bathroom with Veronica, I decided to quietly go outside and sit out on the patio, while everyone was inside at the party. By that point I was away from the party and Jack for some time, so he had to be wondering where I went. I figured if he would come out and look for me then he had to be into me. Right?!? I sat there for a good five minutes before I started questioning my own idea. Maybe my bright idea was not going to work after all or worst, maybe he really wasn’t that into me like I had hoped?!? And just like that Jack comes out and says, "What are you doing out here all alone? I was looking for you, come back inside." I quickly responded with (in a cute and sexy tone), "Why, do you miss me?" he smiles and says "maybe, so come back inside." YES! I thought to myself I knew he couldn't resist me. LoL

We hit it off instantly and would speak on the phone and go on dates. I liked him but because he was military, I wasn't serious about the idea of him and I would date other guys. At that time I was dating a couple guys, I was in college so I would date regularly. I loved getting all dressed up and eating free food, best part about dating. Besides, I wasn't looking for anything serious anyways, I just wanted to have fun. Ironically though, as I continued to date these other guys I would find myself gravitating more towards Jack, he was just great to talk to. Our conversations were always so intellectual and sexy, he was definitely different from the rest. I remember I would go on dates with these other guys and would find myself thinking about Jack. Wondering what he was doing at that very moment. Wishing I was hanging out with him rather than the guy sitting in front of me.

I didn't think I would catch feelings for him the way I did, but I couldn't help it. Our talks were so powerful, he was smart and wise and that was what I was most attracted too. We would talk about our dreams and what we wanted our futures to be like. It was as if I had met the man of my dreams, somebody pinch me please! The idea that I can find someone that fits me almost perfectly was surreal. I remember I would try and look for reasons not to be with him. But in the end I couldn't help myself. I fell deeply for him. Slowly but surely I found myself ending things with the other guys and spending more of my time with Jack.

As much as the idea about being a military wife was the last thing I wanted to be. I also wasn't sure I wanted to let this one go. Who knew if I could find another guy like Jack, he was almost perfect. We dated for about a year and a half, fell head over heels for each other, traveled and enjoyed our relationship together. He proposed, we got married and then..... Two months later he gets deployed to Iraq, way to start off a marriage! (Another story for another day)

It's been such a long road but I am so happy to call him mine. He is my best friend and the best husband a girl can have. It wasn't love at first sight, but it definitely turned into love and here we are seven years later. I can honestly say I am with the love of my life and I couldn't be any happier. Who would have known I'd actually become a military wife.

Sincerely Yours,
        Lola


2 comments:

  1. A love like the one you two share is hard to find these days. I sincerely wish you the best that life has to offer you both and your growing boy. I'm so happy you started this blogging journey. Not only is letting me get to know a little more about you, but in the future you'll be thankful to have these stories on writing to share with your "children". Welcome to the blogsphere Lola :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post
    Here is new classifieds website for uk.
    uk classifieds massage
    UK Personal ads

    ReplyDelete